Summer in Muskoka is a little slice of paradise! Located two hours north of Toronto, in Ontario, Canada, Muskoka is full of lakes and rivers, beautiful forests, and is teeming with wildlife. Days are usually sunny and a bit humid, nights are the perfect temperature for sleeping with the windows open, and the water is usually around 70 to 74 degrees Fahrenheit for most of the summer.
After a few hours you’ll find yourself noticeably more relaxed as you settle into a slower pace of life. Every time I’m in Muskoka I feel a deep sense of peace and ease, and I’m so excited to share this magical place with you!
Dates: July 3 - 9, 2024
Sample Daily Schedule:
7am - 8am: Morning Yoga on the Dock
8am - 12pm: Breakfast & Morning Activities
Paddleboarding, kayaking, boat rides, waterskiing, swimming, nature hikes, or free time to read, journal, rest
12pm - 4pm: Lunch & Afternoon Activities
Swimming, guided hikes, boat tours, board games, crafting, or free time to spend any way you'd like
4pm - 5:30pm: Afternoon Yoga & Meditation on the Dock
5:30pm - 9pm: Dinner & Free Time
Sunset on the dock, campfires, movies
9pm - 7am: Quiet Time
$2650 CAD (about $2000 USD currently)
$675 CAD non-refundable deposit is required to hold your spot - click HERE to pay the deposit
$1325 CAD must be paid by April 1, 2024, remainder by June 1, 2024
There are no refunds for cancelations due to the accommodation reservation requirements. BUT if you need to cancel and I can find someone to take your spot then I can offer a refund.
What to Expect
We’ll start each day with morning yoga on the dock, and end the day with sunset yoga and meditation as we enjoy slowing down and disconnecting from our normal routine.
Days will include options like paddle boarding, water skiing, boat adventures, nature hikes, and exploration. You’re also welcome to take time for yourself to explore, relax, read, or simply be. Our ski boat seats up to 10 people at a time, so we can easily go exploring the restaurants, towns and resorts near us.
Accommodations will be in cottages at Lantern Bay (all accommodations are private rooms with shared bathrooms, with 2-3 people per cottage). Lantern Bay has two pools, boat docks, a lakefront sand beach, basketball court, small store, laundry, hiking trails, a small gym, and water access to other lakes and towns.
What this retreat is & isn't:
I'll start with what this retreat ISN'T first, just so that there's no misunderstanding:
- This is not a 5-star spa retreat.
- This is not a hand-holding, tour-guide-led retreat.
- This is not a rigid, schedule-based retreat.
- This is not a wifi and cell service everywhere retreat.
- This is not a chef-catered retreat.
- The nearest big city is a two hour drive away.
- The nearest towns are a 20 minute drive away.
- This IS a sort of rustic, comfortable-in-nature kind of retreat.
- This is a slow-down and unwind retreat.
- This is a have-fun retreat, with plenty of yoga and meditation.
- There's wifi at certain locations around the resort. Cell service is usually decent but I never count on it.
- The resort is located in dense, beautiful woods and surrounded by fantastic swimmable lakes and rivers. Depending on the weather and time of day, there may be mosquitos.
- The nearest towns are all located on lakes and are amazing, and each town seems to have an ongoing unwritten competition to see who has the best bakery (see which baked goods you like best!).
- There is some fun nightlife in the towns, in case you want a change of scenery one evening. It's nothing crazy, just small fun bars that host live music on outdoor patios, and even the occasional barn party.
- I usually teach the yoga classes on a large dock on the water but sometimes the classes will be on a big grass lawn across from the pools or maybe on a sand beach.
- There's plenty of wildlife; we regularly see beaver, fox, deer, and if you're lucky we might see a moose or brown bear swimming across the lake in the morning on their way over to a remote island.
- We’ll provide a welcome dinner and farewell dinner and can help coordinate grocery store runs. You’ll be responsible for the majority of your meals. Each cottage has a reasonably stocked kitchen.
- The cottages are very basic. Kitchen, couches, tvs, porch, etc, nothing extravagant.
- Most cottages have two bedrooms and one bathroom, so you’ll have your own room and share a bathroom. If you’d like your own cottage for more privacy or to bring additional friends and family, please inquire about pricing.
If you're flying in, the nearest airport is Toronto Pearson International (YYZ). Rental cars at the airport are expensive so I usually suggest renting from off-site rental agencies that are within a shuttle or Uber ride away. I'll try to organize a rental van if there are enough people flying in.
Yoga and meditation classes
All water-based activities
Welcome dinner & farewell dinner
What's not included:
Travel to Muskoka (flights, rental car, gas, etc.
Food & alcohol
If you have any questions please email me ([email protected]) and we can set up time to talk on the phone.
- Can I bring my family? Yes! I can offer special lodging pricing for anyone who wants to join you in Muskoka. Rent a whole cottage and bring friends and family - there's plenty for them to do besides yoga! Message me with inquiries.
- How well equipped are the kitchens? The cottage kitchens are fully stocked with kitchen appliances and tools to make your meals. We'll do several grocery runs to get food.
- What if I don't want to cook? We can help coordinate meals if you don't like to cook.
- What's the layout of the cottages? Most of the cottages have two bedrooms on one end with a bathroom separating them. The kitchen and living room are on the other end.
- How will you pair people in cottages? I will send out a questionnaire that asks about interests, schedules, and habits and will pair cottage-mates according to the best matches.
- What else should I know? This retreat is purposely less scheduled so you really have time to decompress from the daily grind. You'll feel a sense of ease and space in your day with several activities to choose from but no pressure to fill your time. I encourage packing books, art supplies, etc.